New York Times API
Revision as of 00:36, 7 March 2009 by Wikisysop
The NYTimes has made its website accessible via APIs. The NYTimes has made its entire vault accessible, which includes news since 1851.
The various APIs made available:
- Newswire API - Get an up-to-the-minute stream of article links and metadata.
- TimesPeople API - Get TimesPeople profile and activity data.
- Article Search API - Search Times articles from 1981 to today.
- Best Sellers API - Get data from all New York Times best-seller lists, including rank history for specific best sellers.
- Congress API
- includes Committee data
- Senate nomination votes, Member lists and member bio/role responses now include first_name, middle_name and last_name elements
- Roll-call vote responses now include member positions and vacant seats.
- JSON is supported.
- In member list requests, you can now specify a state and district.