Software from STScI
About the Software from STScI
The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) -- home of science program selection, grant administration, planning, scheduling, and public outreach activities for the Hubble Space Telescope (HST). STScI provides data archive and distribution for all of NASA's optical/UV missions, including HST. STScI is also the science and operations center for the 6.5m James Webb Space Telescope (JWST). Details on these and other related topics can be found throughout the site.
Access the Software
- PyFITS is a Python module for working with FITS files.
- PyRAF is an environment that combines the power and flexibility of Python with the ability to use IRAF and STSDAS tasks.
- SpecView is a spectral visualization and analysis tool.
- stsci_python is a collection of applications and tools distributed by STScI for astronomical data analysis.
- STSDAS and TABLES
- STSDAS is a software package for analyzing astronomical data.
- TABLES is an external package in IRAF that provides support for tabular data for STSDAS and other packages.
- OPUS (OSS and PODPS Unified System)
- OPUS is a fully distributed pipeline processing system for any series of applications. OPUS is fully operational at STScI as well as other major observatories. OPUS and a sample pipeline are available now on CD-ROM.
- StarView is an astronomical database browser and research analysis tool.