WisconsinView Hosts Remote Sensing Imagery on the state of Wisconsin. It requires a user registration, but is otherwise free and operates under the Creative Commons license.
Access the Data
Contents of the Data
Image Data on:
- Aerial Photography:
- NAIP 2004 - 2008 - 1m-2m resolution aerial photography, statewide most years. From the USDA Wisconsin Farm Service Agency
- WI DNR Orthophotography ~1990s - 1m grayscale aerial photography county mosaics of Wisconsin. From Wisconsin DNR.
- USGS/NGA 133 Cities 2005 & 2007 - 1-foot (33cm) resolution aerial photography of Madison, Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha, and Fond du Lac to Green Bay (including Oshkosh and Appleton). From the USGS WI Water Science Center.
- Satellite Images:
- MODIS 2002-2009 - 250m resolution satellite daily imagery of Wisconsin (and other AmericaView States) from the Aqua and Terra satellites.
- Landsat Satellite Imagery 1980s - 2009- 30m resolution for most bands. Includes MSS, TM, ETM+ sensors. Two options: 1) WisconsinView download often includes NN resampling and alternative formats (.img). 2) Terrain-corrected CC resampled imagery now available for most images free directly from USGS download.
- Tornado & Flood Data:
- Emergency Management Imagery & Data - Imagery and mapping products of flooding and tornado damage developed by WisconsinView and partners in support of Wisconsin Emergency Management (WEM).